Saturday, January 25, 2014

Annapurna Circuit Trek: Day 14



DAY 14: Ghasa to Tatopani

This was one of the easier days of the trek. It did come at the cost of the general well-being of both my ankles, as the rough and rocky roads made for a tough time on the soles of my feet - causing me to roll my ankles one too many times.

I set off at around 8:15 and hiked one of the more beautiful sections this time. Instead of using the road I stuck with the old trekking trail. It is highly recommended that you do this route. You will see signs for the old route and you will cross a very long and HIGH suspension bridge. You will never not be scared of these things! Continuing on I passed through two small villages that had not too much in the way of supplies but did offer a place to sit and rest for a bit.


Rupse Chhahara - "Beautiful Waterfall"


Within a short time I crossed another suspension bridge and was back on the road and almost immediately met with the spectacle of one of the largest waterfalls you will see on the Annapurna Circuit Trek - the Rupse Chhahara or "Beautiful Waterfall". After heading farther along to the quaint village of Dana I crossed through the old passage instead of using the road. If you get a chance to use these routes - do it. Peaceful and tranquil are the best words to describe them. You also get an amazing view of Annapurna South to your left!

It didn't take too much longer until I arrived at Tatopani. I made great time. Trekking 13 km in under four hours is no small feat! Lodging was at the Dhaulagiri Lodge and I would highly recommend this very nice place. There is also a good chance to gather supplies here as well as souvenirs. I bought another Buddhist mantra charm for my necklace from the same woman that sold me the other one I had. It's amazing the people you meet and connect with so do chat it up whenever possible!

After buying another ace bandage it was time for bed. The ankles were really starting to hurt now. A high ankle sprain in my left side and a mild sprain in the ankle on the right. Rest certainly could not come soon enough!

Cost: 1900 Rs
Approx. distance trekked: 13 km
Next up: Tatopani to Ghorepani

No comments:

Post a Comment