Friday, January 24, 2014

Annapurna Circuit Trek: Day 13



DAY 13: Kalopani to Ghasa

First, sorry for the long delay!

This day I slept in. I Finally set off and decided to backtrack a bit and do a scenic loop around Titi Lake. After stopping for some tea, I continued on with some impressive views of Nilgiri South dominating my sightline. This extra route is highly recommended!

Trying to beat a storm that I saw coming just wasn't going to happen, however. Once I got to Choyyo? RAIN. With little to no shelter I was basically screwed as I tried to haul and make it to some semblance of cover. Once I got back to the main road, I then crossed a pretty precarious suspension bridge that on one end was covered by a small rockslide. Had I chosen to go with the road, there would have been buses competing for space with me. The buses will certainly win that one!

After a slow and steady rain for about an hour - and only about 2 miles from Ghasa - the rain finally stopped and the sun came out. Figures, right? When reaching the northern portion of Ghasa, I checked in at the police checkpost and kept on. I stayed at the Eagle's Nest Guest House but after the super accomodations in Kalopani the night before, it was going to be hard to compare! Great food and the dining area was shared with a large group of older Israeli women. Quite a rowdy and fun bunch!

Cost: 1950 Rs
Approx distance trekked: 13 km
Next up: Ghasa to Tatopani

No comments:

Post a Comment